With the increasing usage of Microsoft Teams, admins need to be aware of Teams usage and activity to manage the organization efficiently. The reports available in the Teams admin center are helpful for small organizations. But, for large organizations, it won’t be user-friendly as you need to click each team to know more about it. Alternatively, you can use PowerShell, but you need to juggle between multiple PowerShell cmdlets.
So, most administrators prefer Microsoft 365 reporting tools. One such must-have tool, ‘AdminDroid Microsoft 365 reporting tool’. AdminDroid provides reports on all administrative aspects of Teams – Reporting, Auditing, Usage statistics, Analytics, etc. Also, each report provides AI-powered graphical analysis to gain insights and better understand the data in a visually appealing manner.
Let’s see what AdminDroid offers for Microsoft Teams in their reporting tool.
You can Download the tool by clicking here.
Microsoft Teams Reporting Dashboards:
AdminDroid offers 20 visually appealing dashboards to know about your organization at a glance. The below dashboards help you to get a quick view of Teams usage and adoption.
Microsoft Teams Reporting Tool – Capabilities Highlights:
AdminDroid Teams reporting tool comes with advanced reporting capabilities which make tedious reporting tasks easier. Also, it helps to customize Teams reports without PowerShell.
- Automatic Schedule – Schedule one or more reports to run automatically at the configured time and delivered straight to your preferred mail-ids.
- Multi-tenant Support – Easily manage multiple office 365 tenants from a single window.
- AI-powered Graphical Analytics – Get insights into any report and understand the data better in a visually appealing manner.
- Advanced Alerts – Identify new risks and unusual activities through 1400+ Microsoft 365 activities.
- Rich Filters – Apply filter on any columns to see only the required information and save the filter for future use.
- Easy Customization – Allows you to easily customize the reports by rearranging, adding, or removing the columns and their size.
- Report Export – Ability to export the reports to CSV, PDF, HTML, RAW, XLS, or XLSX formats.
- User Friendly – Do complex tasks with few mouse clicks using a simple to use web-based interface.
- Granular Access Delegation – Allow non-admins to view reports and statistics.
- Easy Setup – Easy to set up. No prerequisites to install.
- Auto Update – No maintenance as the tool will automatically update to the latest version.
- Advanced Scheduling Capabilities – Easily schedule with views & filters, receive the scheduled reports only with the latest information, schedule with preferred column arrangements, etc.
- Supports Modern Authentication – AdminDroid Office 365 Reporter is the first in the industry to offer complete modern authentication support for connecting Exchange Online and other Office 365 services.
AdminDroid Microsoft Teams Reporting Tool – Report Categories:
AdminDroid Microsoft 365 reporting tool offers Teams reports under the following categories,
- Teams Info Reports
- Teams Audit Reports
- Teams Usage Reports
- Teams User Activity Reports
- Teams Analytics Reports
Teams Info Reports:
This category of reports provides information about the current status of your Microsoft Teams. For example, the number of Teams present in your organization, the Teams with private channels, Teams statistics, etc.
Teams Reports (9 reports):
- All Teams
- Public Teams
- Private Teams
- Archived Teams
- Recently Created Teams
- Recently Deleted Teams
- Teams Without Description
- Teams with Private Channel
- Teams Statistics
Teams Membership Report (5 reports):
- Teams Members
- Teams Owners
- Teams with External Members
- External Members by Count
- Teams without Owner
Channels Reports (6 reports):
- Teams – All Channels
- Standard Channels
- Standard Channel Owners
- Standard Channel Members
- Channels with External Members
- Channels Without Description
Private Channels Reports (6 reports):
- Private Channels
- Private Channel Owners
- Private Channel Members
- External Members / Guests in Private Channels
- Private Channels by External Member Count
- Private Channels without Team Owner
Apps and Tabs (5 reports):
- Microsoft Teams – Apps
- Apps by Teams Count
- Microsoft Teams – Tabs
- Tabs by Channel Count
- Settings on Apps, Tabs and Connectors
Teams Settings (6 reports):
- Mentioning in Teams/Channels
- Teams Message Settings
- Teams Settings by Member Permissions
- Teams Settings by Guest Permissions
- Teams Fun-stuff Settings
- Teams with Default Settings Modified
Teams Usage Reports:
Teams usage reports provide information to understand the usage pattern like how many users communicate through channel messages & private chats, how many participate in calls or meetings, and the type of device they use to connect Microsoft Teams.
Daily Usage Summary (3 reports):
- Teams Daily Active Devices
- Teams Daily Activities
- Daily Active Teams Users by Activities
Teams Device Usage Reports (7 reports):
- Active Teams Users with Web Browser Access
- Active Teams Users with Windows Phone
- Active Teams Users with Android devices
- Active Teams Users with iOS devices
- Active Teams Users with Windows devices
- Active Teams Users with Mac Devices
- Daily Teams Activity of Users by Device
Teams User Activity Reports:
Admins can use user activity reports to decide how users in their organization are using Microsoft Teams. These reports give the most common activities such as channel messages, private messages, calls, meetings for the whole organization, as well as for each individual user.
User Activities (2 reports):
- Daily Teams Activities by Users
- Overall Teams Activities by Users
Teams Inactive Users’ Reports (4 reports)
- Inactive Teams Users by Last Team Chat Message Sent
- Inactive Teams Users by Last Private Chat Message Sent
- Inactive Teams Users by Last Call Activity
- Inactive Teams Users by Last Meeting Activity
Teams Audit Reports:
Teams audit reports will help you to investigate activities performed by both users and admins in Teams. Since AdminDroid provides near real-time auditing reports, it helps to monitor activities carried out by various users and detect the anomalies immediately.
Login and Settings Changes (3 reports):
- Organization Users’ Login Activities
- External Users’ Login Activities
- Teams Settings Changes
Teams & Channel Management Activities (3 reports):
- Teams Activities
- Channel Activities
- Private Channel Creation Activities
Teams Member Changes Reports (6 reports):
- Members Added in Teams
- Members Removed in Teams
- Owner Added to Teams
- Owner Removed from Teams
- Ownership Promoted in Teams
- Ownership Demoted in Teams
Private Channel Member Changes Reports (6 reports):
- Members Added in Private Channels
- Members Removed in Private Channels
- Owner Added to Private Channels
- Owner Removed from Private Channels
- Ownership Promoted in Private Channels
- Ownership Demoted in Private Channels
Teams File Transfers: (4 reports)
- Files Shared via Teams Channels
- Files Shared via Private Chat
- Files Shared by External Users in Channels
- Files Shared to External Users in Private Chat
AddOn Management (4 reports):
- All AddOn Activities
- Activities on Bot
- Activities on Connector
- Activities on Tab
Microsoft Teams Activity Tracker (2 reports)
- Overall Team Activities Report
- Teams Activities with User Details
Teams Analytics Reports (8 reports):
Teams analytics reports provide overview information about the teams in your organization based on their type, status, and settings.
- Teams Overview
- Settings on Apps, Connectors, Tabs
- Team & Channel Mentions Settings
- Teams Fun Settings (Giphy & Memes)
- Message Settings
- Member Permissions
- Guest Permissions
- Teams Config Settings
AdminDroid has many pre-defined Teams reports and you can create custom reports by using Filters and View options. Besides, AdminDroid provides 1500+ pre-built reports and 20 visually appealing smart dashboards on various Office 365 services like Azure AD, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, Yammer, General Office 365 reports, and security reports. It will help you to view the information which you want to see. Download Microsoft 365 reporting tool by AdminDroid and see how it helps your organization.