Microsoft Teams Reporting and Auditing Tool
With the increasing usage of Microsoft Teams, admins need to be aware of Teams usage and activity to manage the organization efficiently. The reports available in the Teams admin center are helpful for small organizations. But, for large organizations, it won’t be user-friendly as you need to click each team to know more about it. Alternatively, you can use PowerShell, but you need to juggle between multiple PowerShell cmdlets.
So, most administrators prefer Microsoft 365 reporting tools. One such must-have tool, ‘AdminDroid Microsoft Teams reporting tool’. AdminDroid provides reports on all administrative aspects of Teams – Reporting, Auditing, Usage statistics, Analytics, etc. Also, each report provides AI-powered graphical analysis to gain insights and better understand the data in a visually appealing manner.
Let’s see what AdminDroid offers for Microsoft Teams in their reporting tool.
You can Download the tool by clicking here.
Microsoft Teams Reporting Dashboards:
AdminDroid offers 30+ visually appealing dashboards to know about your organization at a glance. The below dashboards help you to get a quick view of Teams usage and adoption.
Microsoft Teams Reporting Tool – Capabilities Highlights:
AdminDroid Teams reporting tool comes with advanced reporting capabilities which make tedious reporting tasks easier. Also, it helps to customize Teams reports without PowerShell.
- Automatic Schedule – Schedule one or more reports to run automatically at the configured time and delivered straight to your preferred mail-ids.
- Multi-tenant Support – Easily manage multiple office 365 tenants from a single window.
- AI-powered Graphical Analytics – Get insights into any report and understand the data better in a visually appealing manner.
- Advanced Alerts – Identify new risks and unusual activities through 1400+ Microsoft 365 activities.
- Rich Filters – Apply filter on any columns to see only the required information and save the filter for future use.
- Easy Customization – Allows you to easily customize the reports by rearranging, adding, or removing the columns and their size.
- Report Export – Ability to export the reports to CSV, PDF, HTML, RAW, XLS, or XLSX formats.
- User Friendly – Do complex tasks with few mouse clicks using a simple to use web-based interface.
- Granular Access Delegation – Allow non-admins to view reports and statistics.
- Easy Setup – Easy to set up. No prerequisites to install.
- Auto Update – No maintenance as the tool will automatically update to the latest version.
- Advanced Scheduling Capabilities – Easily schedule with views & filters, receive the scheduled reports only with the latest information, schedule with preferred column arrangements, etc.
- Supports Modern Authentication – AdminDroid Office 365 Reporter is the first in the industry to offer complete modern authentication support for connecting Exchange Online and other Office 365 services.
AdminDroid Microsoft Teams Reporting Tool- Report Categories:
AdminDroid Microsoft 365 reporting tool offers Teams reports under the following categories,
- Teams Info Reports
- Teams Audit Reports
- Teams Usage Reports
- Teams User Activity Reports
- Teams Analytics Reports
MS Teams Management Reports (53 reports):
This category of reports provides information about the current status of your Microsoft Teams. For example, the number of Teams present in your organization, the Teams with private channels, Teams statistics, etc.
Teams Reports (14 reports):
- All Teams
- Public Teams
- Private Teams
- Hidden Membership Enabled Teams
- Archived Teams
- Recently Created Teams
- Recently Deleted Teams
- Teams Without Description
- Teams with Private Channel
- Teams with Shared Channels
- Teams Statistics
- Empty Teams
- Teams with Site Details
- Teams Over Warning Quota
Teams Membership Report (5 reports):
- Teams Members
- Teams Owners
- Teams with External Members
- External Members by Count
- Teams without Owner
Channels Reports (7 reports):
- Teams – All Channels
- Standard Channels
- Shared Channels
- Standard Channel Owners
- Standard Channel Members
- Channels with External Members
- Channels Without Description
Private Channels Reports (11 reports):
- Private Channels
- Private Channel Owners
- Private Channel Members
- External Members / Guests in Private Channels
- Private Channels by External Member Count
- Private Channels without Team Owner
- Recently Created
- Private Channels without Owner
- Empty Private Channels
- Private Channels with Site Info
- Private Channels Over Warning Quota
Meeting Activities (4 reports):
- Daily Meeting Activities
- Daily Meeting Duration
- Overall Meeting Activities
- Overall Meeting Duration
Apps and Tabs (5 reports):
- Microsoft Teams – Apps
- Apps by Teams Count
- Microsoft Teams – Tabs
- Tabs by Channel Count
- Settings on Apps, Tabs and Connectors
Teams Settings (7 reports):
- Mentioning in Teams/Channels
- Teams Message Settings
- Teams Settings by Member Permissions
- Teams Settings by Guest Permissions
- Teams Fun-stuff Settings
- Teams with Default Settings Modified
- All Teams Settings
Teams Usage Reports (10 reports):
Teams usage reports provide information to understand the usage pattern like how many users communicate through channel messages & private chats, how many participate in calls or meetings, and the type of device they use to connect Microsoft Teams.
Daily Usage Summary (3 reports):
- Teams Daily Active Devices
- Teams Daily Activities
- Daily Active Teams Users by Activities
Teams Device Usage Reports (7 reports):
- Active Teams Users with Web Browser Access
- Active Teams Users with Windows Phone
- Active Teams Users with Android devices
- Active Teams Users with iOS devices
- Active Teams Users with Windows devices
- Active Teams Users with Mac Devices
- Daily Teams Activity of Users by Device
Teams User Activity Reports (7 reports):
Admins can use user activity reports to decide how users in their organization are using Microsoft Teams. These reports give the most common activities such as channel messages, private messages, calls, meetings for the whole organization, as well as for each individual user.
User Activities (2 reports):
- Daily Teams Activities by Users
- Overall Teams Activities by Users
Teams Inactive Users’ Reports (5 reports)
- Inactive Teams Users by Last Organized Meeting Activity
- Inactive Teams Users by Last Attended Meeting Activity
- Inactive Teams Users by Last Team Chat Message Sent
Inactive Teams Users by Last Private Chat Message Sent
- Inactive Teams Users by Last Call Activity
Teams Audit Reports (32 reports):
Teams audit reports will help you to investigate activities performed by both users and admins in Teams. Since AdminDroid provides near real-time auditing reports, it helps to monitor activities carried out by various users and detect the anomalies immediately.
Login and Settings Changes (3 reports):
- Teams Login Activities
- Teams Settings Changes
- Teams External Users Login Activities
Teams & Channel Management Activities (4 reports):
- Teams Activities
- Channel Activities
- Private Channels Created in Teams
All Ownership Promotion and Demotion Activities in Teams
Teams File Transfers: (4 reports)
- Files Shared via Teams Channels
- Files Shared via Private Chat
- Files Shared by External Users in Channels
- Files Shared to External Users in Private Chat
AddOn Management (4 reports):
- All AddOn Activities
- Activities on Bot
- Activities on Connector
- Activities on Tab
Teams Apps Management (2 reports):
- Recently Installed Apps in Teams
- Recently Uninstalled Apps in Teams
Teams Member Changes Reports (6 reports):
- Members Added in Teams
- Members Removed in Teams
- Owner Added to Teams
- Owner Removed from Teams
- Ownership Promoted in Teams
- Ownership Demoted in Teams
Private Channel Member Changes Reports (6 reports):
- Members Added in Private Channels
- Members Removed in Private Channels
- Owner Added to Private Channels
- Owner Removed from Private Channels
- Ownership Promoted in Private Channels
- Ownership Demoted in Private Channels
Teams DLP Actions (3 reports):
- Teams DLP Rule Matches
- Teams DLP Rule Undo
- Teams DLP Info
Teams Analytics Reports (15 reports):
Teams analytics reports provide overview information about the teams in your organization based on their type, status, and settings.
Usage Analytics Reports (5 reports):
Users’ Active Days in Teams Chat
Users’ Active Days in Teams Private Chat
Users’ Active Days in Teams Calls
Users’ Active Days in Teams Meetings
User’s Active Days in Teams
Audit Analytics Reports (1 report):
- All Microsoft Teams Activities with User Details
M365 Birds Eye Reports (9 reports):
- Teams Overview
- Settings on Apps, Connectors, Tabs
- Team & Channel Mentions Settings
- Teams Fun Settings (Giphy & Memes)
- Message Settings
- Member Permissions
- Guest Permissions
- Other Teams Configurations
- Teams Channels
AdminDroid Microsoft Teams reporting tool has many pre-defined Teams reports and you can create custom reports by using Filters and View options. Besides, AdminDroid provides 1800+ pre-built reports and 30+ smart dashboards on various Office 365 services like Azure AD, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, Yammer, General Office 365 reports, and security reports. It will help you to view the information which you want to see. Download Microsoft 365 reporting tool by AdminDroid and see how it helps your organization.
AdminDroid Office 365 Reporting Tool – Release History:
Never Uninstall to Get an Update!AdminDroid Office 365 reporting tool installation will be updated automatically to the latest version, using an auto-update channel.
Apr 01, 2023 – 170+ new reports, 8 new alert policies, dark theme personalization, latest EXO module upgrade, and in-portal updates.
Nov 11, 2022 – Geo maps, Heat maps, 10+ new dashboards, 80+ new reports, and more.
Sep 27, 2021 – Added 115+ new reports, Advanced Alerts, Granular Delegation, 420+ Analytical Reports, AI-powered charts, Categorized Compliance Reports, Report Boards, and lot more.
July 21, 2020 – You can now hide the filter pane in the reports to get extra report-view-area. A visual indicator will be displayed when you hide the filter page with the number of filters applied, on the filter icon.
July 19, 2020 – Office 365 Modern Authentication Support, Manage Multiple Office 365 Tenants, Tenant-based Delegation, Intelligent Filtering in Schedule, Schedule with Views & Filters, Schedule with Preferred Columns, Subscribe Scheduled Reports, 2 New Dashboards, 150+ New Reports.
Dec 17, 2019 – Added an option to quickly copy any value from a report result to clipboard.
Dec 14, 2019 – Global Reader Support, Data Retention Settings, Disk Space Alerting, Activity Alerts Reporting, OneNote Auditing, Microsoft Teams Membership Auditing, 150+ New Reports, and more.
June 20, 2019 – 20+ New Office 365 Reports on Auditing Risky Sign-In Attempts, User Admin Role Changes, File Access Activities by Guest Users, and more.
Feb 27, 2019 – 100+ New Reports on Office 365 Secure Score, MFA/2FA, License Expiry, Password Expiry and more. 2 new Security Dashboards.
June 12, 2018 – 75+ New Exchange Online Reports, 5+ New Dashboards, AI Based Report Search Console and more awesome features.
Feb 27, 2018 – Added 100+ new reports: Inactive Users Report and Usage Reports on Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, Yammer, Microsoft Teams, Pro Plus and more.
Jan 11, 2018 – Added 20+ new reports: Power BI Auditing Reports, Usage & Adoption Analytics.
Dec 19, 2017 – Added 10+ new reports: Microsoft Teams Usage & Adoption Reports, External Users Reports, and more.
Oct 1, 2017 – Added 25+ new SharePoint Online Reports.
Sep 27, 2017 – Added 2 new dashboards: Users & Administrators activities trend, Office 365 Usage & Adoption.
Sep 25, 2017 – Added 15+ new Skype for Business Reports, 10+ General Auditing Reports, Smart Filters
Jun 30, 2017 – Added 30+ new OneDrive for Business Auditing Reports
May 17, 2017 – Added 170+ new Auditing Reports for Azure AD, Exchange Online, and SharePoint Online.